KPFK and Pacifica are founded upon a Mission Statement, which to this day remains unique in radio broadcasting:
- To contribute to a lasting understanding between nations and between individuals of all nations, races, creeds and colors
- To explore the causes of conflict; to promote the study of political and economic problems, and of the causes of religious, philosophical and racial antagonisms
- To provide outlets for the creative skills and energies of the community and to serve the cultural welfare
- To obtain access to news sources not commonly brought together in the same medium; and to employ varied sources to present accurate and comprehensive news on all matters that vitally affect our community
Direct All Other Job Inquiries to:
KPFK 90.7 FM
Cahuenga Blvd. West
North Hollywood, CA 91604
Or send to the attention of GM Assistant via fax at (818) 761-6739;
or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
KPFK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Current Job Opportunities at Pacifica Foundation
~The Pacifica Foundation IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Pacifica Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religious creed, national origin, Ethnicity, gender, age, marital status, disability, medical condition, or sexual orientation. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
BACKGROUND OF THE PACIFICA FOUNDATION
Pacifica Foundation is a 501(c)(3) radio broadcasting organization with five member stations in New York, Houston, Washington D.C., Los Angeles, and Berkeley, California. We employ 179 full-time staff and each station also utilizes an average of 200 unpaid staff. We are a membership-based organization and our five stations have approximately 95,000 members nationwide. In September, 2009, members in each of the five signal areas will elect nine (9) Listener-member delegates and three (3) staff delegates to sit on their local station boards (LBSes). The returns of candidate choices by Listener-members nearly always exceed the quorum of 10%.
THE PACIFICA FOUNDATION IS HIRING
The Pacifica Foundation, the country’s oldest public radio network, comprising 7 business units, is seeking an Executive Director and a Chief Financial Officer.
We are particularly interested in candidates who possess a vision for programming development, significant success with fundraising and experience with diverse audiences and staff.
A detailed description of both positions can be found at
The Pacifica Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, differently-abled people, and members of other under-represented groups are encouraged to apply. Please send cover letter, resume, three references, and a letter of approximately 500 words – for theED position, on the importance of independent media, and for the CFO, on non-profits maintaining fiscal integrity in difficult times. Place applicable job title – “Pacifica ED” or “PacificaCFO” – in the subject line and address email to:
email@example.com for the CFO position. Applications for the CFO position are due midnight, Jan 15, 2013.
firstname.lastname@example.org for the ED position. Applications for the ED position are due midnight, Jan 15, 2013.
TITLE: Chief Financial Officer
STATUS: Regular Full time
SITE: National Office — Pacifica Radio
BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Life, Disability (Upon Completion of Introductory Status)
I. Position Reports to: The Chief Financial Officer
(CFO) reports directly to the collective body of the Pacifica National Board (PNB) and to the Executive Director (ED.) The National Board will appoint, supervise, evaluate, re-appoint, and discharge the CFO. S/he shall cause the funds of the Foundation to be disbursed as s/he may be properly directed from time to time. The CFO shall render to the Executive Director and the Board an account of all of his/her transactions as CFO and of the financial condition of the Foundation whenever requested.
II. The Chief Financial Officer: oversees the organization's financial goals, objectives, and budgets, the investment of funds and management of associated risks; supervises cash management activities; directs financial operations including payroll, internal controls and auditing; and establishes and maintains the objectives and strategy for the finance department. S/he shall keep and maintain, or cause to be kept and maintained, adequate and correct books and records of accounts of the properties and business transactions of the Foundation, including accounts of its assets, liabilities, receipts, disbursements, gains, losses, capital, and net assets.
III. The Chief Financial Officer shall cause to be deposited all monies and other valuables in the name and to the credit of the Foundation with such depositories as may be designated by the Board. S/he shall protect the assets of the organization and meet all standards of transparency and accounting principles as befits a non-profit organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Direct the financial and accounting function and maintain responsibility for monthly and annual financial reporting, financial analysis, audit, banking, cash management, budgeting, and risk management.
2. Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting for federal and state funders, foundations, and the PNB. Supervise the timely preparation and communication of monthly, annual and any other financial statements.
3. Prepare and monitor the annual budget, financial projections for year-end forecasting and audit coordination, including preparation and collection of audit information, as well as function as the primary liaison to auditors.
4. Collaborate with other members of the senior management team on financial and fund raising priorities.
5. Manage the organization's banking relationships and cash position.
6. Administer the organization's investment portfolio; direct and supervise the organization's investment managers and advisers.
7. Manage and ensure training and development of national finance and accounting personnel and coordinate the activities of finance personnel in the station offices in accordance with legal and U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles requirements. Assist with the hiring of local station Business Managers.
8. Maintain official financial records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations and reporting requirements (such as annual information returns; payroll withholding and reporting, 990s, etc.)
9. Supervise all financial compliance and recognition for government (federal, state and local) contracts and private grants.
10. Ensure proper management of all Pacifica assets including real estate, investment funds, and SCAs (sidebands) in collaboration with the Executive Director and under the direction of the Pacifica National Board.
11. Assure adequate control and accounting of all funds, including developing and maintaining sound financial practices, and remaining up-to-date on non-profit audit best practices and state and federal law regarding nonprofit operations. Approved without objection
12. Provide financial leadership, advice, and financial transparency, and establish financial goals for the network working with the Executive Director and National Board of Directors.
13. Experience in or with non-profit organizations preferred.
1. 10 years of accounting and financial management experience, including
a. financial analysis,
c. not for profit compliance, and
d. supervision of accounting staff.
2. Knowledge of GAAP protocols.
3. Familiarity with FCC and CPB requirements strongly preferred.
4. Experience explaining financial position and reports to lay people and disseminating financial information with clear and readable narratives and visuals.
5. Facility with Microsoft Dynamics GP and ability to analyze accounting systems and software and update where necessary.
6. Experience with multi-unit budgeting and reporting strongly preferred.
7. Knowledge of the noncommercial broadcast sector helpful.
8. CPA preferred.
9. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
10. Ability to meet deadlines under time pressure.
Please send cover letter, resume, three references, and a letter of approximately 500 words on non-profits maintaining fiscal integrity in difficult times.
Place applicable job title - Pacifica CFO - in the subject line and address email to: cfo-job at pacifica.org
Resumes for CFO position due midnight, Nov 18, 2012.
The full posting is at http://www.pacifica.org/jobs_national.php